Weston Japow Splitboard 19/20Regular price $899.00 Save $-899.00
The Japow splitboard is our response to the deepest snow on the planet. Featuring a directional, Camber-Pow Rocker Nose with a Swallowtail, Rugged Topsheet, Electra Sintered Base, Tail V Carbon reinforcement, and our Slayer Wood Core, this is the board to keep you afloat while weaving through tight trees or laying down surf-inspired carves on the groomers. Add in our Split Tech for the uphills and you’ll have optimum skin traction, edge-hold and ease of kick-turns.
Snowboarder Ability Level: Advanced
Splitboard Rocker Type: Camber-Rocker
Splitboard Shape: Directional
Splitboard Flex: Medium
Graphic: Carly Finke
- Slayer Wood Core - This is our bamboo/poplar splitboard core. It's designed to be energetic and damp.
- Rugged Topsheet - Polymide is eco-friendly and made from castor beans. The topsheet is durable and resistant to scratches and scuffs.
- Camber-Pow Rocker Nose - A large section of reverse camber in the nose gives unparalleled float while a mellow camber under the inserts continues to provide stability and pop in and out of turns.
- Swallowtail - The tail on this board will help you swim through powder like a fish in the sea while maintaining durability as each tail is structurally reinforced with carbon.
- Split Tech - We don’t skimp on our splitboards. You’ll see a full inner metal edge, complete with sidewall and dampening tape. Also, when facing a kickturn on a steep slope, you want all the help you can get - that’s why we balance our splitboards so that they are tail heavy.
- Karakoram Ultra Clips - Ultra Clips deliver unmatched compression between board halves and they are adjustable so you can maintain even compression as your splitboard ages.
- Boltless Bases - By using fine threaded bolts we were able to provide a smooth finish to our bases for easier tuning and greater speed.
- Forged Tips - Stainless steel metal tip and tail pieces protect from damage and increase durability.
- Rooted Inserts - Just like roots help keep a plant grounded, flax reinforcement in areas of the core help increase strength and durability.
- Tail V Carbon - Carbon fiber runs from the tail inserts to the tail contact points to provide added edge to edge response and spring in the tail.
- Electra Sintered Base - Carbon additives distribute static friction across the base, creating a more even film of water to glide on and our fastest base.
- Tri-Axe Glass - Multi-axis, stitched fiberglass laminate that offers a precise and responsive ride in any terrain or snow conditions.
- UHMW PE Sidewalls - Highly durable sidewall that protects the splitboard's core from impact and increases torsional stability.
- Stitched Tips - Our tip and tail spacers are stitched to the core to provide added durability.
- 1% For the Planet - 1% of our total sales goes to offset our carbon footprint and donate substantially to the National Forest Foundation.
- Four Year Warranty